Students, faculty, and staff who have mobility impairments, temporary or permanent, may be eligible to use the FSU Accessible Van. Priority will be given to those individuals with permanent mobility impairments, but every effort will be made to accommodate those with temporary impairments.
must complete an application (which can be obtained at the
The van is only for on-campus transportation. Transportation to and from campus is the sole responsibility of the rider.
1. You must complete the application and be approved in order to be eligible to ride the FSU Accessible Van.
2. In order to ride the FSU Accessible Van, you must call 24 hours in advance or set up a permanent schedule. You must submit a written request for a permanent schedule.
3. The maximum time the van will wait for a rider is five minutes. Please be on time! If you repeatedly fail to show for a ride, you will be given verbal, a written warning, then removed from the list of eligible riders.
4. No eating, drinking, or use of tobacco products in the van.
5. You must wear seatbelts at all times. Riders who use wheelchairs must also use a personal seatbelt that secures them in the chair.
6. Only faculty, students, and staff who have disabilities may ride the van.
7. The driver has the final say in any decisions made enroute. Any disruptions and/or inappropriate or abusive behavior WILL result in the discontinuing of van services and will be reported to the FSU Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities.
If you have any questions
or concerns regarding the FSU Accessible Van, please contact the
The van service is complementary. The university is NOT required to provide van transportation. But because the university encourages full participation of all students, faculty and staff, this complementary service is provided. All riders are encouraged to be respectful of the service and the service providers.
Last Name: _________________________
First Name: _________________________
Student ID#: _________________________
Main Phone Number: ____________________
Alternate Phone: _______________________
Reason for Service Request: ____________________________________________________
Is this disability temporary? YES NO
Expected Duration of Service: _________________________
FSU Affiliation: Student Faculty Staff
Do you use any of the following mobility aids? Schedule: Need for Services
(Check all that apply)
Manual wheelchair Service Animal
Power wheelchair Cane
Power scooter Crutches
Additional Information: ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I hereby certify that the information given above is correct. I am an FSU student, faculty, or staff member. I have read the rules and regulations of the FSU Accessible Van and agree to abide by them.